Thank you for visiting our website! Here is a quick rundown of our church. Please explore further sections for more details and visit our social media sites to see pictures.
Our Story - In 2006, Pastor Tim caught the vision to start a church in South Bay, Los Angeles. However, he had no man power, no finances, no family, and no church building. The next six years, as he was serving at Global Mission Church in Diamond Bar, CA as an Associate Pastor, God started opening doors one by one. On December 2nd, 2012, with a group of 20 individuals passionate about the Gospel, SBMC started preview services. On January 6th, 2013, we officially launched as a church.
Our Affiliation - We are a non-denominational independent church serving the South Bay community.
Our Style - When you visit our church, you'll find our worship gatherings to be casual and contemporary, with acoustic style music and Jesus centered preaching.
Your First Visit - If you would like to come visit SBMC, please check out our Sunday Worship gathering and/or our Community Groups.
Our vision is to be a community living out the Gospel in our daily lives through: Christ centered worship, Christ centered relationships, and Christ centered missions.We Believe:
- The Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts.
- The Bible is the revelation of God's truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- In the Holy Trinity; there is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- All are sinners and unable to save themselves from eternal death, except by God's mercy.
- Salvation is by God alone and is based on His grace, not on one's individual merit.
- Jesus Christ's perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- The Holy Spirit indwells God's people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- Christ will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- All aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
At SBMC, we gather every Sunday to celebrate God, learn from His words, and experience community. Our worship environment is relaxed and comfortable, and attendees are welcome to dress casually. Each worship consists of a time of praise and preaching.
Music & Preaching - SBMC's music is led by a wonderful group of musicians. Our music is part of the way we praise God and prepare our hearts and minds to hear and respond to God's Word. Our preaching is Jesus centered, which means that we will go through whole books of the Bible to show how it all connects to Jesus.
Childcare - Childcare is provided for children ages 1 to 5, however children of all ages are welcome to attend worship in the main sanctuary. The new location at ONE Family Chapel has a cryroom available in the back of the sanctuary.
Snacks and Fellowship - Stick around after worship for snacks and fellowship! It's a great time to meet and chat with other church members, and more importantly to allow others to meet you!
Community groups are more than just Bible studies and prayer meetings; they're a place for members to connect and build relationships with other members through caring for one another, learning more about Jesus through the Bible, and serving the community together. This is where disciples are made and grown as they experience change in their personal lives and bring change to the community at large.
Meeting Times & Locations - For the convenience of our members and visitors, we offer various community group meeting times and locations. Check our welcoming booth for the latest information and don't hesitate to ask any of our members about joining a community group!
Structure - Our community groups are stuctured by location and not by age or life stages. By doing so, we believe it encourages our members to build a community through the Gospel and not by similar interests that may change over time.